Monday, September 04, 2006


Happy Labor Day. My wife and I will be celebrating this day by laboring. I have a glass carving job today, thank goodness. Things have been slow sine the Atlanta Gift Show boomed . Out hustling the streets again, looking for a way to sell my art and pay the bills. I have been working on reverse glass painting on and off since 1987. After my wholesale show tanked I started to paint again. It feels really good. The painting I am showing today is 14"x14"x1/4" thick plate glass. It is from a drawing of mine I have been working on and now have translated it to a painting. I love to put paint on the back of glass and then scratch it out. My colors are very bright to contrast against the black. The name of the piece is "Hurricane Force Winds." To me, my art is all about color and textures. Trying to look deep into my minds eye. Pulling that idea out and making it a reality. Creating something from nothing. Till next time,surfaces Keep art alive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home